"I need to lose weight but I'm sick of feeling hungry all the time," is a common statement made by individuals who follow fly-by-night diets. If your diet leaves your stomach rumbling every hour on the hour, it's time to make a change. I used to think that losing weight meant starving. It took me a while to accept the fact that I could actually eat heartily and still drop weight.
The time I spent starving in the name of losing weight was miserable. When I did manage to shed a few pounds, I would gain it all back in a matter of weeks. Sometimes I'd even gain a few extra pounds. Talk about depressing!
What I learned through years of research (and trial and error) is that when you follow a healthy eating plan, you can chow down until you're full, and still see amazing weight loss results.
What Are Healthy Foods?
Healthy foods are not created in a factory of processed to death. If the food is dried, canned, frozen or filled with ingredients you can't pronounce, stay away from it. Examples of healthy foods include fresh fish, naturally raised meats, legumes, seeds, organic poultry, organic whole eggs, raw nuts, and fresh fruit and vegetables.
How to Make Healthy Meals More Filling
There's nothing more dismal than dealing with hunger pangs all day. If your meals aren't satisfying you, this is exactly what's going to happen. Here are some tricks to make your meals more filling:
- Add a source of quality protein and a source healthy fat (yes, fat) to each of your meals. Doing this makes meals more satiating and curbs hunger. Sources of healthy protein include natural meats, organic whole eggs, organic poultry and fish. Sources of healthy fat include avocados, fish, beans, raw nuts, coconut oil and olive oil.
- Load your plate with veggies. It helps to divide your plate into three sections and fill the larger section with veggies. Leave the other two sections for meat and other foods. Veggies are full of fiber, so they expand in the stomach, digest slowly and keep you full longer.
- Drink a glass of water before each meal and throughout the day. This will help you feel full faster and reduce hunger.
Examples of Healthy, Filling Meals and Snacks
- Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, 1/3 cup of oatmeal with cinnamon and a small pear.
- Snack: 1 medium apple, 1 cup of cucumber slices and 1 oz of raw nuts.
- Lunch: 4 oz ground turkey, 1/2 cup of cooked brown rice, 8 oz carrot sticks, and a small green salad with vinegar and olive oil dressing.
- Snack: 2 tablespoons of almond butter, 2 slices of rye crisp bread and 8 oz of celery sticks.
- Dinner: 5 oz broiled halibut steak, 1/2 cup of green beans sautéed in garlic, small baked sweet potato and a small green salad with apple cider vinegar and olive oil dressing.
Diet plans that leave you hungry all the time (or even some of the time) are evil. Why not scrap the diet altogether and eat healthy instead? If you do it this way, you can eat delicious, filling foods and still lose weight.
Enough with the yo-yo dieting! Watch this video to find out how The Diet Solution Program helps me when I need to lose weight.
best diet to lose fat fast best diet to lose weight best diet to lose weight fast best diet to lose weight fast for women best diet to lose weight quick best diet to lose weight quickly best diet to loss weight best diet to loss weight fast best diet website best diet websites best diet weight loss best diets best diets for fast weight loss best diets for men best diets for quick weight loss best diets for weight loss best diets for women best diets lose weight best diets lose weight quickly best diets plans best diets that work best diets to lose fat best diets to lose weight best diets to lose weight fast best diets to lose weight fast for women best diets to lose weight quickly best easy diet best eating plan best eating plan for weight loss