These days it's difficult not to meet someone who is either suffering from heart disease, has had a heart attack or has been told they are at risk for heart disease. It's just about as common as meeting someone with brown hair. Unfortunately, the media and even many well-meaning doctors are completely misinformed on how to tackle this growing epidemic. It's the number one killer in the US and plaguing many other countries as well.
What are we to do?
The best plan of attack is to combat the risk factors the best we can.
Use the following 5 tips to get you started on a heart healthy plan:
1. Drop the smokes. Yes, smoking has been shown to be one of the biggest risk factors in heart disease, mainly because of all the toxic chemicals added to cigarettes (not that I'm recommending tobacco or anything.)
2. Walk, walk, walk. If finding time for a structured exercise program is just too much of a challenge right now, just start by walking. I have known many people who have strengthened their heart and reversed severe conditions by getting outside and walking. If you can, find a scenic route. There's nothing more calming than the outdoors. (I highly recommend whistling and singing while you walk. It makes for happy thoughts.)
3. Calm down. By this I mean, don't stress about the stuff you don't have to. This is actually a very funny statement coming from me who used to stress about everything! Deadlines, laundry, work, family… you name it, I stressed about. Not until I realized that this would kill me no matter how healthy my food was did I drop the stress and pick up the laughter. Right now as I write this newsletter, I've got more things that need to get done today than are humanly possible. My reaction "Haha..better put my Superwoman shirt on"
4. Do not and I repeat, do not go on a low-fat diet. Your heart condition may get worse in your attempts. Drop the bad fats (like hydrogenated oil and the nasty oil in French fries and donuts) and start eating more healthy fats like coconut oil, olive oil, salmon, walnuts and whole organic eggs.
5. Do not be afraid to eat saturated fat. If read "The Truth About Saturated Fat" in The Diet Solution Program you know that eating saturated fats is not what is causing people to get heart disease. It is processed foods, sugars and an overabundance of refined carbohydrates that is making this country so sick. The whole saturated fats topic gets me so fired up, I even made a video to further inform you – check it out here:
Even tackling each one of these tips one at a time will get you closer to a healthy heart and a lifetime of good health.
Learn how to take control of your own healthy by using these Healthy Weight Loss Tips.
Learn the Best Nutrition Information on the web.
diet health plan diet health program diet healthy eating plan diet healthy food diet healthy foods diet healthy plan diet healthy recipes diet help diet help lose weight diet ideas diet ideas to lose weight diet lose belly fat diet lose belly fat fast diet lose body fat diet lose fat diet lose plan weight diet lose stomach fat diet lose weight diet lose weight fast diet lose weight quickly diet losing weight diet loss diet loss plan weight diet loss program diet loss programs diet loss quick weight diet loss solution diet loss weight diet loss weight fast diet meal diet meal guide