Japanese Proficiency Power

In 1995 being ambitious and overly confident I ignored my teachers warnings and took level 3, instead of level 4.  I made a huge mistake not listening to my Japanese teacher. And I can tell you I already knew I had failed the test even before completing the first section. I wanted to give up and just walk out of the room. The rest of that test day was a nightmare.

And waiting for my test result was just as bad. But worst of all was having to tell my teacher and classmates that I'd failed. Here I was, the only one in my class who failed. Everyone else had passed their test. I was too embarrassed to go out and celebrate for my fellow students.

After several months I stopped feeling sorry for myself and set a goal to ace the level 3 proficiency test. I bought heaps of Japanese study books and practice tests, and started taking private lessons. I studied really hard and went through lots of material. Although I was improving I was still having trouble with JLPT practice tests. I just couldn't get all the answers right within the test time limit.

Then one night it occurred to me......

I realized I was too focused on grammar rules and memorizing Kanji.

In my next lesson I asked my teacher to go through a practice test with me. I got her to explain how to answer the questions.  We went through several tests  a question at a time. And with every question I discoverd a method as to how to find the answer. It changed everthing.


Well, the good news is you don't have to go through all the hardship and the incredible amount of study time as I did.  We have a solution for you. We can cut your study time in half and set you on course to ace the JLPT.

How much Japanese do you need to know to take the TEST?

Level 5 

    According to The Japan Foundation level 5 is reached after approximately 150 hours of study. Examinees are expected to have mastered the basic elements of grammar, know around 100 Kanji and 800 words, have the ability to engage in simple conversations and read and write short, simple sentences.

That is a lot of work to get through. Do you have 150 hours to study?

          ** As of 2010 Level 4 is now Level 5 due to the introduction of a new intermediate level.
 There are now 5 Levels for the JLPT

Level 4

According to The Japan Foundation level 4 is reached after approximately 300 hours of study. Examinees should know around 300 Kanji and 1500 words, and be able to take part in everyday conversation and have the ability to read and write simple sentences.

How about 300 hours of study? Do you have time for that?

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE


Comments

Popular Posts