Chicken Coop Guide

"I Thought Raising Chickens In My Backyard Was a Great Idea, Until I saw the cost of a pre-built Chicken Coop"

A good friend of mine, Jim Stanley, has been a poultry farmer for over 25 years. Every time the kids and I would visit his farm, they would bug me for weeks to raise our own chickens. A few years ago they finally wore me down and I started looking into raising chickens in my backyard.

Just like you, I started with an online search to see where I could buy a chicken coop.

I was shocked to see how much it cost for a pre-built chicken coop. The prices ranged from $500 on up to the thousands (and this didn’t even include installation). I wasn’t about to pay that kind of money, not even close. I was disappointed in my findings and was about to inform the kids that we weren’t going to raise chickens, until I talked to my friend Jim.

Jim hadn’t built a coop in years, but he too was shocked by the cost of a pre-built chicken coop. As I continued my research, I realized I wasn’t alone. People were opting not to buy pre-built chicken coops, but were building their own.

Can You Build Your Own Chicken Coop?

I had no idea that thousands of people were building chicken coops in their backyard. But where were they getting their plans? I collected various drawings and ‘do it yourself ideas’ but nothing was very organized. I purchased a few guides, but all were either incomplete or you needed to be a carpenter to understand the steps. Even with my engineering background these plans all left gaps that were tough to fill.

I contacted my friend Jim, and we decided that with his poultry background and my engineerng background that we could design a chicken coop plan for the everyday average person.

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE


Comments

Popular Posts